Saturday, April 21, 2018

This Week At School

This week at school was a lot like last week  (I finished off my 9 consecutive days in this particular class this week on Thursday)

On Friday I went to a school (and division) that I actually haven't had the chance to work in this school year yet. I'm thinking since it took most of the school year for me to work in this division I might omit it from my list of divisions I work in for next school year (if I happen to be subbing again). 

I was teaching middle and high school which is a little out of my comfort zone and the assignment included grade 12 chemistry which is a lot out of my comfort zone... but I didn't know any of this until I arrived at the school. You know what the nice thing about teaching grade 12 is though? If the kids don't want to be there they just won't show up. So I had a nice quiet class of 8 students for one of my 5 periods. We also watched some Planet Earth (which if you know me... is something that I'm definitely into watching) and played some games in math class. My last period got changed on me (which isn't atypical when you are a sub... admin typically wants to keep you busy) and I went to home economics where I had 5 students that made me sandwiches and soup (okay, they also made them for themselves as well). All in all.. not too shabby of a way to end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...