Saturday, March 03, 2018

This Week At School

This week at school I...

- Showed my students some videos about The Gratitude Jar and Kid Presidents 25 Reasons to be Thankful... they LOVED Kid President so that led us to watch a few more of his videos... one student even asked if he was actually president.  We watched the videos so that they could make a list of things that they were grateful for.

-  Talked about gratitude AGAIN at another school I went to this week in a different division.  We taught the students how to make a gratitude journal without any staples or tape.  Here is a video of what we did \(although I would argue that we did it an even simpler way without a ruler but the idea is the same).

-  Took my students cross country skiing (oh the wonderful things you can do and the abundant amount of outdoor space you have when you go to a rural school).

-  Brought my skates to school to go skating but unfortunately the rink had begun to melt and alas... our hour long of skating this one afternoon was cancelled.

-  Attended a Pow Wow

-  Listened and observed a math lesson involving this....

Can't figure it out... neither could I for a while but stay tuned to another post about it soon!

-  Took a class to swim and gym again... this time we did rock climbing!

-  Got to chapter 14 in "A Long Walk to Water" by Linda Sue Park (a book that I found in this one classroom that I read during silent reading time).



 And... In the interest of sharing that no one is perfect (not even myself at substitute teaching... I know... hard to believe... right?) let me tell you about my Monday... I almost sent the kids out for recess an entire 30 minutes early, I got the times TOTALLY wrong for switching groups, and I failed to notice that the teacher had left me a bunch of photocopied papers for students to write on.  D'oh!  Can I blame it all on forgetting to wear my watch that day?  It really thew me off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...