Monday, March 12, 2018

Go Jets Go!

If you aren't from around here (which judging by my blog stats most of you aren't) you wouldn't know this but... once we had an NHL team and not enough people cared about them so we lost them to Phoenix for a bit.  Then a few years ago they came back and it was almost like they never even left.... almost.

Anyways, back when I was in elementary school we all would go crazy for these Jets bookmarks our teachers would hand out.  Each bookmark had a different player on it and if you happened to end up with the bookmark that had Teemu Selanne you were one lucky duck.  As I recall, I had such a bookmark and I treasured that thing like nothing else.  What made Teemu so popular?  I really can't recall but his birthday was the same day as mine so that made him extra special to me.

Why am I telling you all of this?

Well, last week I told you about how one of the school's I was at for I Love to Read month was doing Stop Drop and Read... well it just so happens that they also were handing out Jets bookmarks!  And who was on these bookmarks?  Well none other than the players themselves... one player per bookmark and yes, this kids were going crazy for them.
Winnipeg Jets Bookmark


I managed to snap a picture of Byfuglien's though.

It's really too bad I no longer have any of those old Jets bookmarks... I'm pretty sure they had stats and stuff on them too (but I could be making that up) they were however, definitely orange for some reason.

Anywho,
Go Jets Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...