Thursday, February 22, 2018

Wrong Substitute?

I'll often leave my name and phone number for a teacher if I've had a good day in their class.  But there have been times when I wasn't entirely sure I was the substitute the teacher was looking for when they contact me about subbing for them...

One time I didn't recognize the number that was texting me and once the job was booked I realized that I had only been in that school once before and had zero recollection of leaving my information there (because I knew the teacher I had been in for and knew that they didn't need my information... in addition to this that teacher didn't even teach at that particular school any more which made the whole thing all the more odd).  Anyways, the teacher sent me a message asking if my last name was one that is very similar to mine but not actually mine.  I just corrected them and ended up going in for the day.  I later looked up to see if my first name and this other last name was a teacher in the division and it turned out this other Christine did work in the division (although I have a feeling not as a teacher so I'm hoping I didn't steal a job from any one).

The second time the teacher had thought she had booked me and when I let her know that the booking hadn't come through on my end she sent me a picture of the confirmation she got about booking me.  Once again, she had the correct first name but the wrong last name (it started with the same letter though so I just assumed there was confusion because my last name had changed a year or so earlier).  So, I informed this teacher of my last name and she changed it online and I thought nothing of it and went in for her.  When I got to her class, however, I noticed her collection of substitute teaching cards and one of them was for the other person she had booked!  I still have no idea who she actually wanted... but I was thankful for another day of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...