Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Just The Size of Montreal

I was subbing in kindergarten and had been there one day a week for about the past month prior to this particular day. Anywho, on this particular day the kids came in saying "trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. Not too big, not too small, just the size of Montreal." You can imagine that it got really annoying really fast (luckily they pretty well forgot about it once O' Canada was finished playing).

But it got me thinking. Do kids in other countries say this? For those of you who don't know, Montreal is a city here in Canada. So maybe in the states they would say "just the size of Saint Paul (Minnesota) or Sioux Falls (South Dakota) or Lowell (Massachusetts), Centennial (Colorado) It's not a new thing to say... I know I definitely said it and heard it a lot growing up.

The weird thing about this day? It happened in June... nowhere near Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...